Amazon offers a plethora of ways for customers to save money while shopping. However, understanding which discount option to choose and which will yield the best results can be daunting for sellers.
In this episode, Shannon and I dive into the world of Amazon coupons, deals, and promotions, exploring their pros and cons and how you can effectively utilize them to grow your profitable sales on the platform.
Benefits of Leveraging Amazon’s Promotional Opportunities
Amazon’s promotional opportunities offer several benefits for sellers seeking to boost their sales:
- Increased visibility and exposure: By offering discounts, deals, and promotions, sellers can attract more attention to their products, leading to increased visibility among potential customers.
- Increased click-through rate: Well-crafted promotions entice customers to click on product listings, boosting the click-through rate and driving more traffic to your listings.
- Increased conversion rate: Discounts and promotions often act as compelling incentives for customers to make a purchase, resulting in a higher conversion rate and improved sales performance.
- Improving Best Seller Ranking: Deals, Coupons, and promotions have the effect of spiking Amazon’s A9 algorithm, improving your Best Seller ranking. This is the longer-term payoff many sellers seek, even when they don’t make any money with the discounts.
Exploring Coupon Codes
Coupon codes are a powerful tool for enticing customers to make a purchase. They provide customers with clickable discounts visible in search results and on the product detail page.
Coupon codes can last up to 90 days and offer either a percentage or a dollar amount of the purchase. They not only increase click-through rates and conversion rates but also create a sense of urgency as customers need to actively click to redeem the coupon.
Amazon now offers regular and Subscribe & Save coupons, encouraging repeat purchases and customer loyalty.
Understanding Amazon Deals
Amazon provides different types of deals that sellers can leverage to drive sales. Lightning Deals are flash sales lasting 4-6 hours, providing a quick burst of sales within a short period. Best Deals, on the other hand, run for seven days, allowing for a more extended promotional period.
Both Lightning Deals and Best Deals appear on the Deals page, which is the second most visited page on Amazon. While deals can be highly beneficial for generating sales, eligibility requirements have become more stringent, and the saturated nature of the Deals page can make it challenging to stand out.
Amazon offers various promotion types with unique benefits for sellers. Social Media promo codes, percentage off, or Buy-One-Get-One (BOGO) promotions give sellers more control over their discounts and allow for tracking external traffic.
These promotions can also be hidden from the product detail page, making them ideal for offering exclusive discounts. Promotions can be used to offer tiered pricing for bulk quantity discounts and encourage customers to purchase related products through BOGO offers.
Holistic Amazon Seller Strategy
While offering coupons, promotions, and deals can boost visibility, click-through rates, and conversion rates, it’s crucial to integrate them into a holistic strategy.
A comprehensive approach includes driving traffic to optimized listings, utilizing advertising for greater visibility, prioritizing customer service, and employing effective forecasting techniques, among other strategies.
You also need to track the results of any promotion on Amazon, not just from the number of units sold but from the long-term impact on your listing.
Tune in to this episode as Shannon and I dive deep into the world of Amazon Deals, Coupons, and Promotions and share some best practices and strategies to prepare for Prime Day and other Holidays.
Some Additional Resources…
– Learn how the experienced team at Avenue7Media can help you and your brand.
If you’re ready to start growing your brand on Amazon with a team of experienced Amazon operators, you can book a 30-minute discovery call.
Lastly, If you know anyone else who would gain value from this podcast, please share it with them.