An Amazon Storefront can be of huge value to a brand by creating a customized user experience that highlights the benefits and features of the brand away from the hustle and bustle of competitor ads on the Amazon platform. A customized brand storefront can help differentiate your brand from the competition, engage existing and potential customers, and build brand trust, driving increased sales.
In this article, we’ll cover the features and benefits of an Amazon Storefront (also referred to as an Amazon Brand Store or Brand Page), how to become eligible, as well as some of the strategies and elements available to brand owners.
Amazon Storefront – Table of Contents
What is an Amazon Storefront?
An Amazon Storefront is essentially a custom website Sellers and Vendors can create to feature their products on Amazon. Similar to a direct-to-consumer website such as Shopify, Amazon Storefronts enable brands to display their products and highlight the features and benefits that make them unique.
Providing a fairly intuitive drag-and-drop interface, brand owners can build beautiful Amazon Storefronts without the hassle of learning complex code or difficult programming. Amazon continues to add innovative modules and features enabling brands to maintain a fresh and up-to-date look and feel that can mimic their own website, providing a seamless customer experience.
Benefits of an Amazon Storefront
Having an Amazon Storefront has numerous benefits for brand owners selling on Amazon. Amazon Storefronts have the ability to impact the entire sales funnel from discovery to sales. Below are just some of the benefits brands can expect to receive from a well-optimized Amazon Storefront:
- Total Creative Control. You can curate your catalog, product offerings, and brand story in any way you want. This means a branded customer experience and no competitor ads or distracting content on your store page.
- Increase Conversion Rates. An Amazon Storefront helps you optimize the shopping experience, which means shoppers can find exactly what they’re looking for quickly and convert more often.
- Increase Average Order Value. When customers visit your Amazon Brand Page, you can feature complimentary products that can be cross-promoted to increase the average order value for each customer. On average, Amazon Storefronts increase the AOV by 10%, meaning that for every customer who visits your store page instead of a detail page, you can expect a 10% bump in sales.
- Increase Followers & Engagement. With the advent of the Storefront, Amazon enabled customers to “Follow” brands via a link on the Storefront. This allows both prospective and repeat customers to get emails, deals, and content from brand owners via Amazon’s Customer Engagement program.
- Increase Organic External Traffic. When you build an Amazon Storefront, it comes with a unique domain associated with your brand name. This means when someone searches for your brand name on search engines like Google, one of the results will be your storefront. By leveraging Amazon’s domain authority, a Storefront can help drive additional organic traffic from search engines and give you an advantage over your competitors.
- Amazon Attribution Links. Attribution links allow brand owners to create custom links that can be used to drive external traffic to a specific page on their Amazon Brand Store. These can be shared via email, social media or paid external ads driving traffic to Amazon with data showing sellers which traffic is converting and helping sellers optimize their Amazon sales funnel.
- Increase Internal Amazon Traffic. Using the brand byline under each product title on the detail page and by links used in Amazon Posts, you can link the shopper directly back to your Amazon storefront. You can also create Sponsored Brand Ads that link directly to your Amazon Storefront’s homepage or a landing page. Consider the success of a storefront to be a joint effort between your advertising campaigns and content creation.
- Valuable Insights and Metrics. You can use Amazon Storefront insights to see what your customers are searching for, where they’re visiting from, and what they’re buying. You can then use this data to create more targeted advertising campaigns or content that addresses customer pain points.
A well-optimized Amazon Storefront should be considered an essential part of your holistic Amazon strategy. By effectively leveraging the many benefits of an Amazon Storefront, you can increase traffic, connect with more customers and increase the average order value and overall sales for your brand.
How to Create an Amazon Storefront
If you’re a seller or vendor enrolled in Amazon’s Brand Registry, you can create an Amazon Storefront for your brand. Amazon offers the ability to build your Brand Storefront using a variety of modules that can be easily customized and organized.
How to Set up an Amazon Storefront:
- Log into your Seller Central account and click “Stores,” then “Manage Stores” from the drop-down menu at the top left corner of your screen.
- In the Stores dashboard, select “Create a Store.”
- You’ll be walked through a step-by-step process to add all of the essential information to your store, including your brand name and uploading a logo.
The Home Page is the most important page in your Amazon Storefront. Ensure that the meta description accurately describes your brand. This snippet will help your Amazon Brand Store rank in Google searches and provide shoppers with a preview of your brand and products.
Once the home page is created, you can select a template to utilize or choose custom modules to create the best layout, highlighting your hero products and telling your brand story.
It is recommended that you create at least three pages when creating your Amazon Brand Store. According to internal Amazon data, “Stores with 3+ pages have 83% higher shopper dwell time and 32% higher attributed sales per visitor.” Additional pages can be housed under primary pages, which create a drop-down menu making it easier for customers to navigate your Storefront.
Previewing Your Amazon Storefront
Since most modules have versatile viewing, Amazon offers two ways to Preview your Storefront: Desktop & Mobile. In addition, you can select Share Preview to generate code to share the Storefront while it’s in draft mode with contacts via email, etc. The Share Preview will create a link and password to view the Store and typically expire within 3 weeks of generating the code. Both the Desktop and Mobile viewing code will be generated in the Share Preview.
Publishing Your Amazon Storefront
Once your storefront is created, you must submit it for Publishing. Each Amazon Storefront goes through a two-stage approval process. The first is an automated bot evaluation that checks for potential errors or missing content (such as images linked to products). Once it passes the initial evaluation, it will go to a secondary moderation process that can take a few days to a couple weeks depending on the current queue.
Amazon Storefront Examples
Amazon Storefront examples vary based on the product, the category, and the goals of the brand. Here are a few Amazon Brand Page Examples displaying optimized storefronts.
Amazon Storefront Requirements
Amazon Brand stores are available to sellers and vendors who have successfully completed Amazon Brand Registry. Brand Registry requires the brand to have at least one active or pending trademark. For more information and how Avenue7Media can help, you can refer to our article on Amazon Brand Registry.
There are several Amazon Storefront Requirements that Sellers and Vendors must abide by in order to gain approval. This includes Content. Image and Video Acceptability, Product Acceptability, and Adherence to Amazon Branding Guidelines.
You can learn more about Amazon Brand Page Guidelines by vising “Stores Content Guidelines and Acceptance Policies”
Amazon Brand Page Design
The Amazon Brand Page Templates are essentially preformatted module compositions that allow the seller to simply add content to each section, as opposed to building each page individually.
If you want to quickly flesh out your storefront you can select one of the three template options, or you can select the Blank Template to build your own custom pages based on your preference.
At the top of every page is a Header where brands can add a Banner highlighting the page category or the brand (in both Mobile and Desktop formats).
Amazon Storefront Sections
Beneath the header, sellers can add additional Sections. Amazon offers a ‘Section’ element that allows brand owners to drop in an organizational section that offers various layouts that individual elements that can then be added.
The additional sections below can be added to build out your Amazon Storefront.
This section allows sellers to add text to their storefronts. Sellers can bold the text, increase or decrease the font size and link the text to a product (recommended).
You can use the image section to easily add an image to your storefront. Amazon allows sellers to add a Desktop and Mobile version of each image.
Brands can then link the image to a product or another page in the Storefront.
Image with Text
Allows you to add header and body text to an image either as inline or overlay. Mobile and Desktop versions of the image can be uploaded and linked to a product or page within the Storefront.
An integral element that allows sellers to add products to the Storefront that can be added to the cart without the customer having to click through to the product detail page and leave the store, reducing the friction for completing a purchase.
Feature a single product displaying the price, prime badge, and brief description. You can either pull product information from the detail page or write a custom title and description for this section.
A Product Grid displays a group of products that are either populated automatically using keywords, or manually by ASIN/search.
A curated selection of products in a particular product line or similar theme. Sellers can add up to 60 products, with a minimum of 4, to a single product collection.
Automatically highlight any products with featured deals. Sellers can add up to 500 ASIN’s and Amazon will automatically feature products with active deals.
Best Selling Products
This section automatically updates your best-selling items. There is no customization in this section.
Content in general is moving in the direction of video and Amazon is no different. A video is a great option if you’re trying to explain a product in detail or showcase your brand and products. Standard videos are click-to-play videos that include audio and require a cover image.
Background videos can add a dynamic piece of content to an otherwise static experience. They can be no longer than 20 seconds, do not include audio, and auto-play when a shopper arrives at them.
A gallery allows you to add between 3-8 images that customers can view with an optional title and description.
Amazon Storefront Design Tips
Use this opportunity to tell your brand story using visuals, video, and text. Make it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for by organizing your products into easy-to-find categories. Make sure your storefront is mobile-friendly, and don’t forget to include call-to-action buttons throughout.
Here are a few additional Amazon Store Tips:
- Use your brand colors and logos to create a cohesive look and feel, but don’t be afraid to use color in unexpected ways. Use product and lifestyle images that tell the story behind the brand, and keep them consistent with your brand guidelines.
- Make it easy to find what they are looking for. The storefront doesn’t have filters like other e-commerce sites so create that journey for the shopper. There can be multiple ways to find a product.
- Flexibility in setting up and creating seasonal content, with storefronts that change according to the seasons or holidays.
- Design it with Amazon’s Policies in mind (otherwise, you’ll experience delays in getting it rejected
Amazon Storefront Cost
While Amazon’s storefront creation tool is free for brand sellers and vendors enrolled in Brand Registry, the real cost to create a well-converting storefront is the time and expertise that goes into creating a branded experience for Amazon’s customers.
An Amazon Storefront is an integral part of any brands Amazon strategy. The storefront will serve as your Amazon web store, where customers can view and purchase products from your entire brand catalog. If you’re just getting started with Amazon, it’s important to create a professional storefront that sets the tone for the quality and personality of your brand.
Avenue7Media has a team of experts who can help you create an Amazon Storefront that converts and positively impact your brand on Amazon. We currently offer Amazon Storefront Design as part of our Amazon Account Management Services.