In this role you will be responsible for budget and media planning based on brand objectives, business plan/sales targets, and data-driven targeting tactics that accelerate revenue and brand growth. Specifically, this role is hands-on for campaign execution, optimization, daily budget pacing and bidding using Amazon’s platforms and other third-party tools. The Advertising Manager works alongside Account Managers and directly with brands and Amazon sellers to manage and optimize their advertising. Some specific day to day functions include:
- Work with Amazon advertising account team to continually evaluate and identify new opportunities to improve brand performance.
- Create, manage and optimize Amazon Sponsored Products, Sponsored Display (both CPC and CPM), and Sponsored Brand ads for the specific pool of clients allocated.
- Set up and manage Amazon Advertising campaigns designed to meet a sales target every month, improve ASIN rank, and acquire new consumers to the brand.
- Develop plans for growth through daily media spend, campaign optimization, keyword targeting, and bids to meet sales goals, ROAS/TACoS goals and leverage tactics that ensure optimization of that media spend
- Ensure the team is on top of the metrics and optimization is done properly according to the results and objectives
- Bid Management and understanding key metrics critical to growing a brand’s sales profitably including actions to take when metrics are trending poorly.
- Perform Keyword Research and Competitor Research using internal and external tools
- Work with Amazon’s unique data and translate it into high-quality and actionable insights and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities.
- Prepare and present advertising performance monthly to clients and advise internal teams on creative or content optimization opportunities. Reporting will outline what happened, what worked, what didn’t work, and what will be done in following months to improve sales.
- Responsible for team performance and advertising outcome according to company standards
- Stay on top of the latest changes happening within the Amazon ecosystem and continuously evaluate and identify new opportunities to improve brand performance.
Develop and implement consumer-centric targeting strategies from start to finish that drive brand growth.
Job Requirements and Key Competencies:
- 3+ years in a strategy or analytics-focused role, setting up and managing media campaigns and PPC Search; DSP experience is a plus
- 1+ year of managing Amazon Advertising search campaigns
- Team management experience in any area is a plus
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the seller and stakeholders with varying levels of analytic expertise
- Must be data driven and have advanced skills in Excel (Vlookup and Pivot tables are a must), data analysis and visual modeling
- Strong understanding of Digital Media and advertising software tools
- Experience pulling, mining and analyzing performance data and summarizing / communicating findings via reports and presentations
- Attention to detail; ensures quality and strong attention to detail in campaign setup and management
- Teamwork/collaboration: Someone who is a team leader and can motivate, guide and train given team, work collaboratively with counterparts internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Someone who demonstrates ownership of their goals and responsibilities and treats the business like their own
- Understanding of a P&L at a high level and how to manage profitability
- Innovation, grit and agility: eCommerce is a daily business. We are looking for someone who treats things with a sense of urgency and brings creative ideas to the table
- Willing to work full-time and in night shifts